Saturday, February 27, 2016

Planting Seeds

I've recently found myself with a student.
It wasn't intentional, I didn't advertise, it was more like, I've got a husband who has a friend who has a friend and one thing led to another and here I am with an opportunity like no other.
 
It's been so good for me.
She's determined and wants to learn and also has a completely different style from my own which means she's challenging me as much as I'm challenging her and to top it off we get along really well.
 

Those were kind of the thoughts that were working through my head as I worked on this piece. It's as much about the work as it is the passing on of the knowledge.
 

This last one is particularly poignant. I've taken dried grass seeds and preserved them in resin.
 

It's a reminder to me that you never know what seeds are going to grow and sometimes you never even know when you're planting a seed to begin with.
It's truly a humbling thought.
 
I'm glad that I've been given the opportunity to teach again. It was one of my favorite parts of what I did when I was beading.
I believe the sharing of knowledge is so important and something that we should always work toward.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment